Duration: 2-year Fixed Term Contract
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is a profit-for-purpose housing association with a mission to make society fairer for everyone.
Our vision is that everyone deserves a quality home that provides them with the opportunity to live a better life. Our purpose is to provide homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do. That’s why, as well as building and managing quality homes; we look after the families that live in them and their community.
Is this a mission you’d love to have a helping hand in? We are looking for an apprentice who is enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop their skills in Property Services administration.
What do Property Services do?
The Property Services team provides the services to ensure all our homes are well maintained and safe. Our services included responsive repairs, empty homes (voids) work, gas repairs and servicing, planned/replacement works and building safety.
The duration of the role is a 2-year fixed-term contract to cover the length of the apprenticeship programme.
The Property Service Administration Apprentice will work with the Property Services team to support/assist the Project Manager and Administrator within the responsive repairs, voids, gas, and planned/asset teams.
On this apprenticeship, you will undertake a Business Administration, Level 3 programme to support your development and chosen career path.
The main duties of the role include:
- Provide support to each of our key service areas
- Work alongside and support voids performance
- Support all Property Services Surveyors in processing invoices and responding to customer queries
- Monitor progress of repairs with subcontractors updating Open Housing with outcomes of repair jobs
- Professionally handle queries from THT Customers
- Updating the Housing Management System
Whilst undertaking your learning programme, your manager will help guide your development and day-to-day work. A mentor will provide extra support throughout your role. You’ll be working alongside experienced colleagues to learn hands-on work-based skills.
We look for the following in all our apprentices:
- Good standard of education, or a willingness to work towards, ideally GCSE's in English and Maths, Grade C / Grade 4 or above
- Enthusiasm for the role and THT
- Good communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a good team player
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable for the role:
- Basic IT knowledge
- Ability to respond to changing priorities meeting deadlines
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
We’re a Disability Confident organisation and if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know if advance
What we can offer you:
We encourage a healthy work/life balance with family-friendly policies and an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Interested? If so, please complete your application. Good luck!
Closing date for applications is Friday 25February 2022
Please note we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward if we receive sufficient applications