Duration: Four-year fixed-term contract
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is a profit-for-purpose housing association with a mission to make society fairer for everyone.
Our vision is that everyone deserves a quality home that provides them with the opportunity to live a better life. Our purpose is to provide homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do. That’s why, as well as building and managing quality homes, we look after the families that live in them and their community.
Is this a mission you’d love to have a helping hand in? We’re looking for an apprentice who is enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop their skills in Property Services and Electrical repairs.
What does Property Services do?
Responsible for maintaining and improving nearly 9,000 properties, the team includes building safety, asset management, the delivery of large, programmed works schemes and repairs to empty and tenanted properties. Joining the responsive repairs team, you would be involved in delivering over three million pounds of repairs, primarily in tenanted properties within Trafford.
The duration of the role is a 4-year fixed-term contract to cover the length of the apprenticeship programme.
The Apprentice Electrician will work with the repairs team to support/assist with electrical repairs to tenanted and communal areas of our social housing properties.
On this apprenticeship, you will undertake an Installation/Maintenance Electrician, Level 3 programme to support your development and chosen career path.
The main duties of the role include:
- Carry out generic aspects of electrical repair and testing works required for all domestic and commercial properties
- Complete other related building maintenance works, as required, collecting evidence for level 3 qualification
- Work closely with a mentor taking responsibility for any customer queries or issues relevant to the role and following this action through for the customer
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and competence in the workplace and college
- Other reasonable duties in-line with the needs of the THT
Whilst undertaking your learning programme, your manager will help guide your development and day-to-day work. A mentor will provide extra support throughout your role. You’ll be working alongside experienced colleagues to learn hands-on, work-based skills.
We look for the following in all our apprentices:
- Good standard of education, ideally GCSE’s in English and Maths, Grade C / Grade 4 or above
- Enthusiasm for the role and THT
- Good communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a good team player
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
We’re a Disability Confident organisation and if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know if advance.
What we can offer you:
We encourage a healthy work/life balance with family-friendly policies and an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Interested? If so, please complete your application. Good luck!
Closing date for applications is the 25th February 2022
Please note we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward if we receive sufficient applications