Duration: 18-month fixed-term contract
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is a profit-for-purpose housing association with a mission to make society fairer for everyone.
Our vision is that everyone deserves a quality home that provides them with the opportunity to live a better life. Our purpose is to provide homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do. That’s why, as well as building and managing quality homes, we look after the families that live in them and their community.
Is this a mission you’d love to have a helping hand in? We are looking for an apprentice who is enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop their skills in employment and skills.
What do Employment & Skills do?
The Employment & Skills Service supports THT customers to enter, or move closer to, employment.
We provide signposting and advice to help unemployed and low paid THT customers to access existing employment & training support programmes, alongside support to apply for jobs, create/update CVs, mock interviews, and interview advice and offer any other support necessary. We also link customers with local employers via person centred employer engagement to enable customers to both find and sustain employment that suits their needs.
The duration of the role is an 18-month fixed-term contract to cover the length of the apprenticeship programme.
The Project Support Apprentice will work with the Employment & Skills team to assist with supporting customers with their journey to work or training. They will be the first point of contact for new referrals and check in with customers who have started employment, training or volunteering to ensure the journey between support services and their pathway into employment is a smooth transition.
On this apprenticeship, you will undertake a Customer Service Practitioner, level 2 programme to support your development and chosen career path.
The main duties of the role include:
- In work support for customers in work
- Manage the referral inbox and contact referrals to book in with Employment and Skills Adviser
- Follow up calls/emails for customers on courses/volunteering
- Compile a weekly jobs/opportunities bulletin for our customers and send it out via email
- Build and manage our Facebook page
- Support at events such as weekly drop-ins and job fairs
- Support with sessions such as job search and CV writing
- Ad-hoc administration
Whilst undertaking your learning programme, your manager will help guide your development and day-to-day work. A mentor will provide extra support throughout your role. You’ll be working alongside experienced colleagues to learn hands-on work-based skills.
We look for the following in all our apprentices:
- Good standard of education, ideally GCSE’s in English and Maths, Grade C / Grade 4 or above
- Enthusiasm for the role and THT
- Good communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a good team player
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable for the role:
- Good customer care skills
- Empathy and understanding to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
We’re a Disability Confident organisation and if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know if advance
What we can offer you:
We encourage a healthy work/life balance with family-friendly policies and an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
- Annual leave allowance of 31 days per annum
Interested? If so, please complete your application. Good luck!
Closing date for applications is Friday 25 February 2022
Please note we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward if we receive sufficient applications